8.27.2012

International Diamond Photographer of the Year 2012!

Each year the Professional Photographers of America (PPA) hold an international print competition in which photographers from all over the world send in their best images to be judged. PPA’s International Judging and Annual Exhibition of Professional Photography is known worldwide for setting the standard by which photographic imaging is judged for both artistic and commercial appeal. The very best of the best images are accepted into the Loan Collection.

I'm pretty excited to announce that for the second year in a row all four of my entries were accepted into the Loan collection! Only 7  other photographers in the world had all four of their entries accepted! It's a pretty amazing accomplishment to say the least and an even bigger accomplishment to be named International Diamond Photographer of the Year for the second year in a row!

The awards ceremony is held each year at Imaging USA, one of the photographic industry’s largest annual tradeshows and educational events. Last year an estimated 10,000 photographers attended the event. Last year was my first year ever attending and I was almost overwhelmed at the amount of photographers and things to learn. This year I was asked to be a main stage speaker! It's kind of crazy to me that I will be standing up in front of all those people talking about my photography (I try not to think about it too much).


Titled:  A Wild Ride

Titled:  Take Me Away  (This was created in a ghost town outside of Las Vegas)

Titled:  Wash Away My Fears  (this was created for an engagement couple)

Titled:  My North Star.  Created in the desert outside of Tucson at 3:00AM.  It was a 30 second exposure to bring out the detail in the stars. I had assistants shine flashlights on the cliffs behind her in a technique called "painting with light". This helped bring out the details in the cliffs. Andrea was lit with a 580 flash to freeze her in place.)

No comments:

Post a Comment